The board consists of the following members:
- Prof. dr. Ruud Kempen, chair, Maastricht University
- Prof. dr. Martijn Huisman, interim chair, VU University Amsterdam
- Dr. ir. Simone de Bruin, secretary, Netherlands National Institute for Public Health and the Environment
- Dr. Susan Picavet, treasurer, Netherlands National Institute for Public Health and the Environment
- Dr. Silke Metzelthin, bestuurslid, Maastricht University
- Dr. Eric Schoenmakers, general member, Fontys University of Applied Sciences
- Annerieke Stoop, MSc, bestuurslid, Tilburg University
- Dr. Geraldine Visser, general member, Windesheim University of Applied Science
Ruud Kempen is Professor with a chair in Social Gerontology with Maastricht University. His research interests are in the area of psychosocial aspects of ageing. This involves examining the determinants of psychosocial functioning in older adults and the development and evaluation of psychosocial interventions to improve daily functioning of older adults. He was also involved in the development and coordination of various bachelor and master programs in health sciences in Maastricht.
Susan Picavet works at the RIVM, the Netherlands National Institute for Public Health and the Environment. She works on public health projects related to ageing. She is the project leader of the Doetinchem Cohort Study, in which the health and lifestyle of a large group of adults aged 20 to 60 years has been followed for 30 years. She is specifically interested in physical activity, sleep, pain, multimorbidity and frailty.
Eric Schoenmakers is senior lecturer and researcher with the bachelor in Applied Gerontology at the Fontys University of Applied Sciences in Eindhoven. Eric is first author of the National Educational Program Profile for bachelor degrees in applied gerontology. Research themes include loneliness and professional development of gerontologists.
Simone de Bruin is a senior researcher with the RIVM and coordinates various projects related to aged care and dementia care. Research topics include, among others, integrated aged care, care innovations for people living with dementia (for example day care green farms) and developments in long term care. Simone is project manager of the SUSTAIN-project, a Horizon 2020 funded international project aimed to improve collaboration and planning in aged care.